The Dyess Family

Friday, November 19, 2010

September 16, 2010

I know I am 2 months late, but better late than never, right?!

Brett and I checked into the hospital on September 15th at 5:30 pm to start the labor process and boy was it a long one! When I went to the doctor on Tuesday of this same week we found out that Rhys weighed 9.8 lbs and I was only dialated 2 cm :( Instead of waiting until the next Thursday to induce, we decided since the little guy weighed so much that we should go ahead and get him out! Dr. Ory inserted a balloon Wednesday night at around 7 in an attempt to make me dialate...didn't work very well. The next morning I was still at 2 cm and my contractions had started in the middle of the night! Talk about uncomfortable! The day clicked on and I only made it to 4 cm before we decided to go ahead and do the section! And at 4:26 my sweet little man was born! None of us were expecting to meet a 10 lb baby, we all thought maybe 8lbs because Dr. Ory said that the weight they told us Tuesday was probably overestimated! Boy was she wrong! We were so thankful for a healthy, 10 lb boy!





Here he is working out those lungs!



And here is his proud dad showing him off!







No comments:

Post a Comment